Maybe someone finds this useful (word of advice, don’t use Windows phone in the first place to avoid trouble like this)
- to be able to export sms’es without rooting etc., you first need to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 since the feature only appeared in this version
- then you need to insert an sd card
- go to settings, transfer my data
- click the “…” button
- export to sd option, select sms’s / contacts to export
- a file like sms.vmsg will be created. it is a format for which there is no support outside Windows Phone it seems (there was a tool from Lenovo that could import them in Android 4.2 but it stopped working. And, vmsg is not vmg either.
- the sms’s are in the file, what I did was to convert it to a Titanium Backup Android XML schema by lots of text manipulations. Another advice with Titanium, try to make thread that are less than 500 messages or it will hang. Also, take care of the unicode characters in the texts.
Merry exXmas and happy 2015 🙂